Senior Software Designer APPLY NOW
Designs, coordinates, and implements multiple critical and complex projects for application development, maintenance and enhancement. The incumbent negotiates system architectural needs, analyzes system and business requirements, and develops project plans from written specifications. Also, collaborates with user departments and other technology teams to assist in the implementation of work requests and to provide operational support for production systems.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages medium to large, complex projects and designs, codes, and tests business applications.
- Maintains, integrates, and implements software systems/applications.
- Works with others throughout the testing and implementation process.
- May provide on-going support for significant programming changes on an on-going basis (i.e., post implementation).
- Analyzes requirements and recommends solutions to integrate application/software/system components.
- Troubleshoots end-user issues and performs programming activities to address programming errors or potentially needed enhancements.Job
- Expertly utilizes multiple development tools and maintains an expert level knowledge of programming languages and technologies.
- Promotes quality by performing code reviews, developing and enforcing coding standards, recognizing system deficiencies, and implementing effective solutions.
- Creates and executes expert level project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and provide deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
- Gathers business requirements, develops technical documentation, and promotes the use of existing documentation.
- Responds to the needs of internal and external clients and clearly articulates advanced level ideas and plans with clients and team members.
- Mentors less experienced team members.
- Applies the standard development methodology process to all projects.
- Actively seeks and participates in personal and team development opportunities and maintains knowledge in field of expertise. Monitors industry trends and developments to improve system design and customer service.
- Provides scheduled on-call 24×7 system support on a rotational basis.
- May participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new technology.
- Presents information to clients and peers.
- Performs other special projects or duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Successful completion of an analytical aptitude exam.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following languages: JAVA, C#, COBOL, C++, Perl, SQL, etc.
- Demonstrated record of successful, complex system implementations.
- Solid experience applying methodologies to design and implement projects.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a changing technical environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to develop technical and business solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead others through projects is preferred.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment to achieve desired results.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience and/or education